HISTORY OF J.CAIN & CO.
The story of J. Cain is tied to the Colon Free Zone; today it has become the second largest free zone in the world and the first logistics platform in Latin America.
In 1951, J. Cain & Co. pioneered Logistics Management Services for Multinational corporations established in the Free Zone of Colon, Republic of Panama. Its founder James Ward Cain, an extraordinary man with broad business skills and a deep human spirit, was one of the select visionary entrepreneurs who promoted the Free Zone since its inception.
Mr. Cain reflected his business vision in three main pillars, the importance that Panama would acquire in global logistics development, the appreciation for the human being, and the need to always give the best. Not only on a professional level but also a personal level.
We are a distribution center for Latin America and the Caribbean, located in the Colon Free Zone and the Panama Pacifico Special Economic Area. We are on a mission to provide excellence in logistics services and exceed our customers' expectations while contributing to the well-being of our people and community.
We have evolved to become today the best ally of multinational companies that use Panama as their business platform. At the end of the effort, tenacity and the unity of a human team that prioritizes complete customer satisfaction. The J Cain standard is and always will be excellence.
7 decades later, we remain more committed than ever to that vision, increasing the quality of logistics services in Panama and the region every day.
Currently, J. Cain & Co. has more than 1,500 employees and manages more than 1.5 million square feet of distribution centers in the Colon Free Zone and the Panama Pacifico Special Economic Area.
James Cain, Founder